Homeowners know better than anyone that at some point or another they will need to hire a handyman to help with repairs and needed fixes around the house. But how do you go about finding a reputable person to help with what you need to get done? Luckily, there are a lot of online sources where rated professionals can be found to help you with the tasks you need to get done.
Here are some sources for finding the best person for the jobs:
- Angie’s List: A members-only site that offers a directory of people with reviews, ratings, and insights into how the various people work. Users can grade the companies they’ve worked with on a scale from A through F and will label certain companies and employees as “certified pros.”
- HomeAdvisor: Those available through this directory are all screened by the site and will then receive verified pro reviews. To find a professional that you would like to work with, you just need to select the work that you’re looking to have done, fill out some questions from the site, and then you’ll be connected with the best person to help you on that specific job.
- Houzz: This site is best known for helping with interior design projects, but it also has the capability to connect you with handymen to help on additional projects. You can find people to help you with the interior and exterior of your home, from painters to lawnmowers. As you browse, you’ll see that each person listed on the site is reviewed, rated through a star system, and has their contact information provided so you can reach out directly and get a quote to see if it’s within your budget. People might also show photos and list additional information about past projects so you can get an idea of their work.
- Nextdoor: Through this app, you can connect with people in your local community about a range of topics, which includes home repairs. It’s a private social network of sorts that allows you to connect with neighbors—even if you haven’t met them in person—in a whole new way. You’re able to create posts where you can ask for and look up recent recommendations so you can find handymen that are referred by the people who live nearby.
- Thumbtack: Yet another online marketplace that allows you to browse and find people based on your location and the service you’re looking to have done. All you have to do is answer a few questions through the site, and then people will bid to compete to work on your project.